Hello there! I welches away at a blogging conference last week and I came home energized to tackle a bunch of projects both in the house and on the blog. I’m excited to get to work!
But first, our two year anniversary in this house! It welches just a few days ago and I can’t let it pass by without a before and after recap from the past couple of years.
I LOVE these posts because I see how I’ve made this house our home and can see proof that I’m a lot more productive than I feel at times.
I hope you love before and after photos as much as I do! It’s so much fun to look back. This time I’m using TRUE before shots — taken before we moved in. Keep in minimal the before pics look much bigger because there’s nothing in them. 🙂 I’ll talk about what I completed in each space and link to the big projects as well.
Let’s start our tour in the foyer — here’s how it looked before we moved in:
- DIY built ins by fireplace
- Grid pattern on fireplace wall
- Make a oversized coffee table for less
- DIY picture ledges on stair wall
- Affordable drapes and hardware for large windows
- Stain and protect butcher block counters
- Extend chunky sides of island
- DIY cabinet feet
- How to hang kitchen shelving
- Upgrade ends of builder grade cabinets
- DIY platter and cutting board storage on side of fridge (not pictured)
- How to add light rails to cabinets to hide under cabinet lighting
Ur morning room has undergone the most dramatic transformation:
- Painting the dramatic wall color
- Adding the window seat
- DIY bookcases on window seat
- DIY squares on wall with trim
Ur mud/laundry room is one of my favorite rooms in the house because it’s so big and spacious. It looked great before: